9.27.2009

BCBG MAX AZRIA

photo from thefashioncult.com

The best word that comes to my mind to describe the sparkle of the show is maybe... predictable. As it went on, of course Max Azria didn’t fail us, and gave us some very cute and perfect short dresses, as always before, about them you just can't go wrong with BCBG. I do have to say that the long dresses were beautiful, very classic chic. We saw some pieces with very vivid colours, but a great deal of the collection was dark, black. With exception of a few very beautiful impressive pieces, the rest of the collection, as said before was unrelevant.


I think we need a little bit more creativity, Oscar de la Renta said that he knew what his market was about, and knew what they wanted, it's the same people that has been there all along his career, his collection is beautiful, well he IS Oscar de la Renta, chances are he WILL do, among some other classic labels, something you'll want to dress in your wedding day. But, seriously people, there are a bunch of designers out there, and it seems that they all want to be accepted playing it safe. Before, I thought that I didn't like 100% Fall Winter Marc Jacobs, it was beautiful but not something you can dress on the street I used to say... Now I think that flips like that is what we need to see, a whole new era is made of those kinds of turns. I think that every label is made of an essence that has to be kept alive cause it's the soul of the industry, and I'm definitely not saying that we should go back to the eighties crazynesss (funky colors and funny shapes that sometimes were simply uncomfortable), I'm simply suggesting creativity out of those terribly artistic minds, that we know are capable of doing so much more.


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Support the Haiti Disaster Relief Effort