9.13.2009


It's Fashion week NY, and everyone who's into the fashion industry is very excited about it. First of all I want talk about Fashion's Night out, for those of you who don't know what that is, it's a shopping party night, in which a lot of fashion and retail stores keep their doors open 'till late, it seems that the fashion capital it's been or about to be rocked out every day of this week. There are a bunch of parties going on and stuff like that. By the way, I really liked the commemorative shirts. Since the main objective of Fashion Week is for the designers to illustrate us in their new accomplishments, we will today talk about Alexander Wang. 
  





The Alexander Wang 2010 Spring Show took place yesterday, and I'm honestly having a hard time finding out how I feel about it. The runway started with kind of like a sport look, most of the clothes were minimalists (colors and shapes) and square, and some others were playful with stripes and shapes. Some of them very well put together, balanced, but I consider that in a few of the outfits, the pieces didn’t agree with each ot

her, if that's possible. I think the collection has generally played it safe with the colors (black and gray were used a lot), I thought they would be more vivid, since it’s a spring collection, but Alexander among other designers have decided to break that propensity this year, of course, not falling into the extremes; and I’m really happy for that, black and gray have a lot more to offer in May than people think. I also noticed some north american folk indian pieces like brown leather vests and jackets.  

Among the things that I liked, there’s this white dress, that, for me, stands in a perfect equilibrium, it transmits effortless simplicity, that simplicity that is interpreted as high class. I also liked the leather shorts, and again we see the eighties come back, with strong shoulders. 

  


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Support the Haiti Disaster Relief Effort