3.05.2010

Charlotte Casiraghi




The other day I was visiting the Fashion Spot, as I very commonly do when I generally find myself with some free time and lap top at my hands, and I found a threat about Charlotte Casiraghi, who is one of the people I look up to. For those of you who don’t know who she is, she’s princess of Monaco. I actually don’t consider myself a fan of royal families, beyond thinking that Harry and William are cute, but who doesn’t?

I think I started to interest in Charlotte’s life since I found out that she practiced my favorite sport some years ago, equestrian jumping, and that she actually wanted to become a professional (pretty cool, huh?), I later found out that she spoke 5 languages, studied literature and piano, and didn't crawl for attention of the media. I use to see her among the crowds and some other royals in Chanel fashion shows, and reading the posts in the Fashion spot, made me want to write about her. Basically, a lot of people say that she lost her fashion sence when she grew out of her teen years, and additionally she also lost some of her beauty.

wait.. what? Can you believe that while most of us were on our awkward stage (very awkward in my case), some people say that those years were the peak of her beauty?



From my point of view, I'm glad that she's trying out new things, and got tired of living and sleeping in couture. I've always loved the formal
gown in her, but hey she's just a girl like you and me, if she wants to wear jeans and flip flops, let her wear jeans and flip flops!,
I don't know why, but I get the impression, that she doesn't put her mind a lot into what she's wearing, sometimes she looks very average, sometimes she looks very edgy, sometimes she manages to look awkward, but most of the times, as I said before, dressed up she looks like effortless elegant and flawless, which is the thing I think made her capture the attention among some other royals, she became a criticizable fashion icon.



My theory is that before, (her being a public figure, and considering she was young) her style was a little more controlled?? maybe??, maybe by her mother, or whatever royal clothing aid she had; and now like most of us young people, likes to explore new styles.

These are some pics (first two) taken second half of last year, and some taken 5 years ago (last two), do you think she lost her je ne sais quoi? What I do have to criticize is that she's got that horrible posture, finally I understand my mother's frustration and why she's always bugging me about... Stand up straight!!




9 comentarios:

  1. Those are the recent pictures?
    Well, I don’t have a lot to compare her by, since I haven’t seen a lot of her. The orange dress does look a little bit average, maybe even cheap… But, on the other hand, the last picture is just gorgeous. I’m talking about the outfit and her face… If she’s indeed losing her beauty she must have been stunning at her teens.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. ahaha
    i was thinking the same, stand up straigh
    anyway
    i like her and her style sometimes, as you said before, she's just like you and me, she can wears what she wants


    http://marleymumbles.blogspot.com

    ResponderEliminar
  3. I ADORE Charlotte!!! Digna heredera de su abuela y su mamá, pero no sé por qué siempre la veo con cara de "pasada" cuando sale...

    Besitos!!!

    ResponderEliminar
  4. hahahah mi gran problema es ¿QUE OPCIÓN ELEGIR? x) que estas estudiando en el extranjero? que suertee ^^
    por cierto esta chica me encanta, aunque como casi todos los famosos...no hacen nada y cobran mucho!
    ciaooo (:

    ResponderEliminar
  5. aah venga! pues tambien tienes mucha suerte, madrid es genial! yo es que vivo en el sur de España, Cádiz..te suena?
    pues mira a mi falta todavia terminar este año y el que viene! espero q en 2º se me aclaren las ideas xDD
    por cierto te sigo!:D

    ResponderEliminar
  6. May I say her nose reminds me a little bit of yours? :*
    Love you.

    ResponderEliminar
  7. oh really?? well she's way prettier than I am, but that definitely made my day =),

    right now I'm having a blast watching the cutest guy in my class mumbling when the teacher asks him about a project he obviously didn't do. He looks cute when he's confused, too bad he's pretty dump

    ResponderEliminar
  8. Hi Fernanda!
    Thanks for commenting on my blog!
    Your blog is really interesting to read, you sure know a lot about fashion!
    -Dominique

    ResponderEliminar
  9. carlota es muy wapa y tiene muchisimo estilo

    ResponderEliminar

Support the Haiti Disaster Relief Effort