4.23.2011

Any advices?


Well life goes on in Paris, and I have to admit that I've been a little reckless with myself. I've always considered myself as non high-maintenance but this has been too far now. The few products I owned were directly taken to the trash at Charles de Gaulle airport on my way to Rome when I deliberately took them with me in mycarry-on, I mean, when I went to Dublin a month ago they didn't say anything about it, but I guess back then they were in a really good mood and decided to ignore it, pff I wasn't very happy about it but no worries, they were cheap by the drugstore and just a couple of moisturizers that were almost empty and I was in no position to bargain since the lady was nice enough to leave my new perfume. While I spoke to my mom on skype yesterday she told me in a not very happy tone, that I needed to buy the necessary products to take care of my skin and my hair. I'mnot very happy, having a student budget, to spend money in this when I could be spending it on saving for a plane ticket, or going out for dinner, or even buying shorts since Paris is hot now. But as a very obedient child I do have to admit that the fact of going around Paris buying beauty products won't kill me of sadness either hihi.

Hair:

Back home, I'm a regular user of Kerastase's line Oleo Relax, originally it was recommended by my hairdresser to ease my hair bangs a bit, but then it turned out to be a real healer.

Any other products that you guys have tried for really really dry hair?

Skin:

Clinique's dramatically different moisturizing gel: right now I use this and it's great for me
Shiseido purifying lotion: any comments? I've heard and read good reviews but I haven't tried it.
Clinique city block with spf: it's great but I left it home, so any advice about sun protection?
Mario Badescu: Read about it in Vogue but still I haven't tried it, reviews?
Aquaphor: same same, any reviews?
This are some of the products I'm planning on buying, I'd really like to hear what are your beauty essentials for general skin and hair care?

4 comentarios:

  1. Ooh those all look great! Unfortunately I've never used any of them so I don't know how good they are, ha ha
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ResponderEliminar
  2. I love kerastase. You should def try that. The clinique sun block is amazing too! :)SarahD

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Pfff I really don't know, sry. I go into the drug store, buy a product and use it until it's empty. Worked well for me so far. I do not believe in highly priced brand products because I think the other ones do the job just as well.
    xxx

    ResponderEliminar
  4. The Clinique sun block always get good reviews.

    ResponderEliminar

Support the Haiti Disaster Relief Effort